Sunday 28 February 2010

Cavatina and Stanley Myers

I listened to some music downloaded by a friend. It included a music by Stanley Myers written for the movie "The Deer Hunter" entitled "Cavatina". It is a lovely piece of music and although I haven't had the chance to see "The Deer Hunter", I am quite sure that the music blended exquisitely with the movie starring Christopher Walken, Meryll Streep, and Robert De Niro. I fell in love with Cavatina...and with Stanley Myers. I listened to it almost endlessly even to a Youtube version of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwvDon1_iKs

It is absolutely lovely on guitar.

I started to google info about Stanley Myers and ended up sad to find out that there are very few materials written about him that are available online. This is the case, even with the fact that he had written a voluminous and excellent pile of film music. I wondered if he is still alive...I found out that he died in 1993. He wrote really beautiful music which I would like to be able to listen to and which also made me interested to see "The Deer Hunter". Surprisingly, I found out that he also mentored Hans Zimmer. Being able to listen to Cavatina, I think that he not only has beautiful music but also a beautiful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment